메뉴 건너뛰기

민주법학

민주법연의 간행물인 민주법학의 원문을 보실 수 있습니다.
이 게시판은 RSS와 엮인글이 가능합니다.
로그인을 하시면 댓글을 쓰실 수 있습니다..
* 광고성 글은 바로 삭제되며, 민주주의법학연구회의 설립취지에 어긋나는 글은 삭제 또는 다른 게시판으로 이동될 수 있습니다.

64호 [특집] 권력구조의 민주적 재편 (김종서)

이계수 2017.07.12 14:33 조회 수 : 447

김종서, "권력구조의 민주적 재편", 민주법학 제64호(2017.7), 53-104쪽.

<국문초록>

2016년 늦가을부터 2017년 봄까지 광장을 밝혔던 촛불, 그 항쟁을 통하여 시민들은 정권교체를 이루어냈다. 하지만 시민들이 그렸던 새로운 민주공화국으로 가는 길은 아직 멀다. 주권자인 국민이 주권을 온전히 행사하는 나라, 대표들이 국민의 뜻에 따라 국가의사결정을 하고 국민에게 책임지는 나라, 그리고 모든 중요한 국가적 의사결정과정에 국민들이 자유롭고 의미 있게 참여하는 나라, 이것이 촛불시민이 원했고 지금도 원하고 있는 진정한 민주공화국일 것이다.

이런 관점을 전제로 하여 이 글에서는 새로운 민주공화국의 수립을 위한 ‘권력구조의 민주적 재편’의 방향을 세 가지로 제시하였다. 직접민주주의의 현실화, 대의민주주의의 정상화, 그리고 숙의민주주의의 제도화가 그것이다.

첫째, 직접민주주의의 현실화 방안으로서 국민소환제와 국민발안 및 국민표결제의 필요성과 도입방안을 제시하였다. 특히 국민소환과 관련해서는 국회의 탄핵소추와 국민투표에 의한 탄핵결정이라는 방안을 제시하였다.

둘째, 대의민주주의 정상화 방안으로서는, 선거제도 개혁과 함께 선출직 공직자의 임기제도 개선, 그리고 국회의 기능 강화와 고위공직자 임명제도 개선 및 사법권력의 구성방식과 권한 재조정 방안을 제시하였다.

셋째, 숙의민주주의의 제도화를 모색하면서, 일부 정치학자들에 의하여 제시된 시민의회 구상의 내용과 특징을 검토하고 그 한계와 개선방안을 제시하였다.

요컨대, 이런 논의들을 통하여 필자는 ‘이게 나라냐?’라는 촛불시민들의 질문에 ‘이게 나라다!’라고 답하고자 하였다.

주제어: 민주공화국, 직접민주주의, 대의민주주의, 숙의민주주의, 헌법개정

A Proposal to Reform the State Power Structure

Lots of citizens have brightened the plaza with countless candles for nearly five months since late October, 2016, and finally they achieved a regime change. However the new democratic republic they envisaged is yet too far. Those citizens wanted, and still want a democratic state where sovereign people exert their sovereignty fully. In such a state representatives of the citizen make decisions following people’s will and assume the responsibility for them. What the people wants is an open and republican society where every single citizen can freely and widely participate in the important decision-making process of the state.

To respond to the demands of citizens, I suggested three directions for the democratic reform of the state power structure as follows:

First, realization of direct democracy for the establishment of the democratic state is suggested. For that, I am proposing various ways of direct democracy including recall, people’s initiative and referendum.

Second, I emphasized the normalization of representative democracy to make the state republican. Reforming the election system and the term of elected officials, strengthening the function of parliament, improving the appointment system of high officers, and restructuring the judicial power are suggested.

Third, I proposed to institutionalize a deliberative democracy for securing the participation of citizens. For this, I examined the political ideas of Citizens’ Assembly.

In short, I tried to answer the question: “Is this worthy of a state?”, with a reply: “This is the state!”.

Key Phrases: democratic republic, direct democracy, representative democracy, deliberative democracy, constitutional revision

위로